When an individual decides that he or she wants to break free from the grips of an opioid addiction, it is not uncommon for that person to feel overwhelmed by the process of seeking treatment.
At Cape Cod Comprehensive Treatment Centers, we understand how brave this decision is and we are committed to helping men and women receive the care they need to reclaim their lives. We put forth every effort to inform prospective patients about our services and have implemented a streamlined admissions process to make the transition to a recovered life as simple as possible.
In order for a man or woman to receive treatment at one of our centers, the following pre-admissions criteria must be met:
- You must be opioid dependent for at least 1 year or more.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
If you or someone in your life meets the above criteria, then you or your loved one is eligible to receive our world-class medication assisted treatment. Our staff can be contacted to answer any questions that you may have, and is happy to schedule an intake for admission on a day and at a time that is convenient for you.
Prospective patients should also be aware of the following policies that apply to all patients on the day of their intake:
- You must show a valid form of identification.
- You must be in a state of withdrawal, unless you are currently pregnant.
- You must bring proof of insurance if you plan on using your insurance to pay for treatment.
- You must bring any and all active prescriptions with you.
- You must provide documentation of any prior addiction treatment that was received.
On the actual day of your intake, you will complete the following and then receive educational literature about addiction and recovery and attend an intake group prior to admission:
- Drug screening
- Full physical
- Pregnancy test (female patients only)
- Biopsychosocial assessment (this will allow our staff to get a better understanding of your treatment needs)
Our medical director makes all final decisions regarding admissions, and can determine if a patient is able to receive medication on his or her first day at our center. Unless there exists some extenuating circumstances, most patients will receive their first dosage of their medication at this time. Once the process of admissions is complete, each patient will be assigned a counselor and can schedule the first few orientation and therapy appointments at our center.
To learn more about our admissions process and the treatment we offer, please contact a Cape Cod Comprehensive Treatment Center today. We are here to help you achieve the recovered life you deserve to be living.